LUKE 18:27

"What is impossible with men, is possible with God"

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary !! 12 yrs of wedded bliss :)


Well, this past weekend was mine and Russ' 12 yr wedding anniversary! WOW, doesnt seem likes its been that long, I still remember the nervous quivers in my stomach, right as I was getting ready to walk down that aisle, my flowers were shaking all over the place, and I still recall what my dad said, right at the last minute, "I dont look at this as losing a daughter, but more like gaining grandchildren"...Ha Ha, just like my dad to lighten the mood, cuz I was a bundle of nerves at that point, but that definitely put me at ease...Well, the wedding day went great, everything was PERFECT....

Fast forward 12 yrs....You know, its amazing what all you can accomplish in just 10 yrs or so, I teased Russ one time, saying, we got married, had 3 children, built a house, and traded at LEAST 7-10 cars in that period of time....LOL....He agreed w/me....Well, THIS anniversary, we went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge to spend our weekend....First off, I apparently didnt get that great of a hotel, was kinda old fashioned, but CLEAN...as long as its clean, I dont care HOW old it is...but was still nice :)....We had reservations for The Peddler (and for those of you who know about Ye Olde Steakhouse, the Peddler is right up there w/it). Well, our reservation wasnt til 8p, so we decided to go to Calhouns for an appetizer, and everyone that knows me, knows we eat at the Lonas house by 5 or 6p during school time...so I was STARVING by then...Well, 7p rolled around, and Russ and I decided since we were already there, and were hungry, we'd just stay and eat at Calhouns..lol...so needless to say, we saved an extra $50 that night, and STILL got to eat Prime Rib! You cant get much better than that...:)....We walked up and down the Gatlingburg strip and assumed we were getting "old" in our married life, when we decided to walk back to our hotel room at 9p, following behind the 60yrs+ crowd in front of us...lol...I guess we ARE getting old...All in all, it was a fun weekend..I love you honey, and cant wait to spend 12 more yrs of "bliss"..:))

No comments:

Post a Comment