LUKE 18:27

"What is impossible with men, is possible with God"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jakes 1st day of Kindergarten


Well, my baby boy is going to Kindergarten...Can't believe we're already here, at this place...I was just thinking yesterday how small and soft and "new" he seemed laying in my arms, going home from the hospital...He had what we called "spider fingers" cuz his fingers were so much longer than his hands...Lol....So, the first day was actually, kinda the opposite of what I expected...We walked Audrey to her hallway, she is in the "big" hall now where the 3rd-5th graders go, its almost like walking her into the "upperclassmen" section of hs....Wasnt ready for that also...Anyway, we walked Jake back to his K room. (when I say we, I mean Emma and I, in her stroller, cuz theres no way Im letting her loose in a school w/hallways a mile long..lol) He was soooo excited, immediately found his cubby hole to put his backpack, lunch and napmat in, then proceeded to find his name tag and desk...Mrs Murr and Mrs Vickie came over to greet him, and hand him his scissors and pencils and told him to start cutting out his craft...He did just what they said, he was on a mission to start school and get his work done...I think at one point, he actually forgot I was in the room, well, I guess it was time for me to go at that point, so I kissed him at least 12 times on the cheek, and we went on our way...What surprised me about this day being the opposite of what I expected, was when I got home and noone was looking, I started crying....It was then that it hit me, and I realized, my baby boy was all grown up and I had 2 kids in school now.....WOW, makes me tear up now, just thinking about it....Im so proud of my "little man" and cant wait to see him grow and learn the rest of his schooling day.....Well,,,,,,maybe I can....

1 comment:

  1. Now I am crying! I can't believe how BIG our boys are getting....... it is so sad :( Cooper has been in school but it seems to be different. I know next year when he actually starts "real" kindergarden in the states that I will be a wreck! I can't wait to hear about Jake's first day!!!!!!!!!! Love you Jake and am so proud of you being so BIG!

    ReplyDelete