LUKE 18:27

"What is impossible with men, is possible with God"

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A conversation between me and Jake..


** The names and corrections in spelling HAVENT been changed, so we can fully understand what a conversation w/my son is like..LOL...Enjoy ***

Jake (holding his stuffed animal, "Buster") said, "Now Buster, Im gonna haf to go to school now, so you haf to stay here, ok?". Jake took Buster and asked me to undress him out of his pajamas from the night before. (They were actually Jakes pj's, but to him, it didnt matter that the legs/arms of the pjs went well past Busters limbs, they were still his)

Jake then proceeded to undress him, himself..I said, "Buddy, your gonna be late for school, you'd better go.".."But Mama, I dont want to go to school today"..me- "well, you know I always pick you up, dont I??"...Jake- "Well, ok, I"ll go, but I want you to pick me up before four-furty (4:30), Ok??" Me- "Well, ok, I'll pick you up before then, more like 2:45"...Jake- "How about one-furty", me- "No Jake, I cant negotiate this fact w/you, you get out at 2:45", "How bout two-furty??"...We all knew where this conversation was headed, nowhere FAST! So for the sake of time and sanity, I told him he was close enough and I'd see him this afternoon....I just love my baby boy, God knew I'd need a laugh , once in a while, being a mommy...

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny. It's amazing how fast they learn how to try and get their way. I don't know what I'm going to do next year when Allie starts kindergarden, they grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Good thing you blogged it so you can remember it!!! I always forget the little funny things like this. Love you little Jaker....... can't wait to see you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete